- Allow private individuals to make tax free investments into startups. Tax would be paid if the investment is subsequently successful (sounds similar in principle to the UK EIS scheme)
- Improve the fiscal system for startups. Encourage R&D and the generation of revenue from IP
- Improve the system for share options. Granting options has been made easier, but the tax status on exercising options when startups are still loss making is currently unclear.
- Create a VC fund of funds. Get the pension funds to invest into local high-tech.
- Create a Swiss “second market”. Lower the barriers of entry for IPO or create a separate segment.
- Legislate for crowd-funding and the sharing economy.
- Create an “entrepreneur’s visa”. Like several other countries are doing/have done.
- Have a small business act. Improve the ability for SMEs to bit on public projects.
- Reform the CTI. Streamline the Commission for Technology & Innovation, and make it more accessible for startups who aren’t spinouts.
- Create a Swiss “DARPA”. Use military spending to help create disruptive technologies.
It all seems pretty logical and would make a massive difference to the ecosystem. The petition can be signed here
Full disclosure: I am a passive member of Le Réseau.